Digital Payment in Health Domain
The Digital India programme is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. “Faceless, Paperless, Cashless” is one of professed role of Digital India.
Promotion of digital payments has been accorded highest priority by the Government and is one of the key highlights of the Union Budget 2017-2018. Accordingly, a pan-India target of total 2,500 crore digital transactions through five payment modes namely UPl, USSD, Aadhar Pay, IMPS and Debit cards.
A target of 91 crore digital transactions –FY 2017-18 allocated for health sector which includes : (i) Centre + State/UT (ii) Public + Private sectors
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare requested all the public and private Health Care Organisations (HCO) for enabling all customer touch points with Digital Payment acceptance infrastructure.
Now the Patients/Citizen can pay by means of UPI, BHIM, Mobile Wallet, Credits & Debits Cards in various health care organisation
Touch Points for accepting Digital Payment in Health Care Organisations (HCO)
MIS portal - Reporting of Digital Transactions
Ministry of health and Family Welfare has develop an online reporting mechanism (MIS) of data pulling and data collating for digital transactions from across the institutions from States/Central Govt. Hospitals/CGHS/NHM. With the help of MIS Hospitals/Institutes across the country can populate the digital transaction data consisting of total Number of transaction (Digital & Physical)
For Submitting Monthly Digital Transaction Report Click Here
DIGITAL PAYMENT METHODS
For more detail, please visit the following links:
Action Taken by MoHFW
- Digital Payments Committee constituted in MoHFW
- Action plan prepared in accordance with action items identified & outlined by MeitY,
- Advisories issued to States/UTs (Principal Secretary, Health and Mission Director, NHM) and all Central Govt Hospitals/ Autonomous Institutes in April & May, 2017.
- Advisories issued to all the Empaneled hospitals/Diagnostics Centres under CGHS , including private ones, to ensure 100% digital payment on April, 2017.
- Advisories issued to State Nodal agencies (SNAs) of States/UTs under RSBY for use of Digital modes for financial transactions.
- Meeting held with State Nodal agencies and representatives of RSBY during National Workshop held in May, 2017.
- Meetings held on Digital Payments with officials of-
- Meeting with Central Govt Hospitals/ Autonomous Institutes held on 11th May, 2017
- IEC material provided for promotion of Digital Payment to all the States/UTs and Central Government & autonomous Hospitals through various possible modes such as print poster, electronic display, web portal etc. at Govt. Institutes/Health Facility Centres/others to ensure wide spread Digital payment.
- States/UTs Government vide MoHFW letter dated 7th August 2017-18 have been allocated targets of digital payment transaction in Health Care .
- Presentation on Digital Payment was made by MOHFW & NPCI offical in the executive council meeting of the Maharashtra state chemist & Druggists Association on 17th August, 2017
- "Meeting with Principal Secretaries (Health) of all States/UTs held on 18th August 2017 at Vigyan Bhawan,New Delhi."
Geography Wise & Category Wise Targets Assigned To States/UTs & Programme Divisions:
|S.No.||State /UTs||Number of Transaction in crores|
|Uttar Pradesh|| |
|West Bengal|| |
|Madhya Pradesh|| |
|Tamil Nadu|| |
|Andhra Pradesh|| |
|Jammu and Kashmir|| |
|Himachal Pradesh|| |
|Arunachal Pradesh|| |
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands|| |
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli|| |
|Daman and Diu|| |
|Programme Division||Brief||Number of Transaction in Crores|
|NHM||DBT to beneficiaries, ASHAs etc.|| |
|Central Govt. Hospitals||OPD, Diagnostics, IPD transactions made by patients|| |
|TB||DBT to beneficiaries|| |
|RSBY||Transport cost to beneficiaries|| |
|Others (like CGHS, PMSSY, Blindness Prg., CMSS etc.)||Payments|| |
|Sub Total|| |